Advance Notice of some Important Family Occasions in the Summer Term
Sunday 5 May May Fayre – Details to follow
Saturday 15 June The Manor Open Morning – Details to follow
Wednesday 26 June Leavers’ Mass 1.30pm in Chapel, Senior Prize-Giving 3pm in Gymnasium
Saturday 29th June Nursery and Junior School Prize-Giving – details to follow
GCSE & A Level Examinations begin Monday 13 May
Internal Examinations Years 3-10 begin Tuesday 11 June
- Mrs Woodrow will be speaking at the Parents’ Association on 30th April, 7pm in the Gymnasium. Tea and cake will be provided and all parents are welcome
- The school will be taking delivery of a new mini bus shortly after Easter. The proposed route is from Ipplepen to Newton Abbot to Stoodley. Mrs Henderson will contact all parents who have already expressed interest before 5th April. If there are any other interested parents please telephone the School by 5th April and leave a message.
- Ball tickets and programme will be sent home early next term
- Please note the art exhibition to be held next term. The artist, Francesca Dawson, was a former Pupil of the School and completed her Art Foundation year at Central Saint Martins in 2004. She then achieved a First Class Honours Degree in Fine Art at The Arts Institute at Bournemouth. Francesca loves to draw and depict characters and scenes from her imagined narratives
- Year 9 Parents will receive a booklet early next term with detailed information re their daughters’ GCSE Options, prior to the Parents’ Evening on Wednesday 5th June
- Please note that the minutes from the last Parents’ Association meeting are posted on the web site and all parents are invited to the AGM on 17th April, 6.45pm in the Intermediate Common Room
We are able to offer lessons in the following musical instruments:
- Woodwind, including Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone and Oboe
Our new teachers for Violin, Mrs Jennifer Abbott and for Cello, Mrs Helen Wills will be in school on Thursday 18th April from 8:15am in the Manor if you wish to meet them.
Requests for lessons for any of the above should be in writing to Mrs L Wakely, Head of Music, Stoodley Knowle School.
Once Upon a Time...
You are invited to the Private View of an exhibition of artwork by
Francesca Dawson on
Thursday 25th April
from 4.30pm until 6.30pm in the Senior Dining Room at Stoodley Knowle School
Show runs from the 22nd April until the 15th July
Stoodley Knowle Black Stewart Ball 2013
Friday 12th July, 2013
We promise you a magnificent and memorable evening in the majestic setting of the Stoodley Knowle Estate overlooking the sea.
Reception in the Estate Grounds
Wine & Cocktails
Canapés & Dinner
Dance to the Estate’s Band
Enjoy an evening of Highland Elegance
To request your ticket and for more information, please contact us
Appointment of Headteacher
Further to my previous letter informing you of Mrs White's impending retirement, I am delighted to announce, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, that Mrs Katherine Woodrow has been appointed to the position of Headteacher, commencing at the beginning of the Summer Term 2013.
Mrs Woodrow, BSc (Hons) NPQH, has 25 years of experience working in the Independent Sector. She joins us from Berkhamsted School where she has served as the Deputy Headteacher from 2001, with specific responsibility for Berkhamsted Girls’.
I was touched by the help and support given to us during the two days of interviewing by the Panel, Staff and Advisory Body. You would have been so proud of your daughters who were amazing ambassadors for the School.
You will all have the opportunity to meet Mrs Woodrow informally when she visits the School during the Spring Term. I am sure you will join us in wishing her every success and blessing as she builds on the already outstanding achievements of Stoodley.
Every good wish
Congregational Leader and Chair of Trustees